Becoming a top WordPress developer is not an easy job. since it is considered as one of the popular Content Management systems for building high-quality eCommerce websites and web applications, a lot of people attracted towards it and want to make a living from it, so the competition is real tough.
Whether you are a developer, blogger, content creator, marketer or educator it gives plenty of opportunities, you just need to identify them. It takes a lot of time, research, energy and determination.
Installing WordPress, reading few tutorials, customizing few themes does not make you the best, before anything why be a top developer? There is too much “normal “or “average “who contribute to the community, there are other reasons too-
• You make the most money as demand for WordPress website development is high.
• If you are at the top, you can get the best clients.
• You have the capability (and influence) to shape the future of WordPress.
In this article, we will give you some useful tips to make a successful career with WordPress-
ONE HOUR OF READING A DAY
Spend at least one hour each day focused on reading and learning about WordPress, make notes on what you learn, day after day you will start to see success.
READ THE MATERIAL
There are so many resources available on WordPress you need to just find the high-quality resources and start concentrating on those. Here are few resources –
UNDERSTAND THE TECHNOLOGY
Make sure your programming skills are great if you know PHP/MySQL it’s good if not start learning –
• Learn PHP and MySQL – Start with Lynda.com or Learnable.com.
• Explore the Codebase – explore the WordPress codebase on Trac and on Xref.
• Run the Nightly – Setup a local development environment and run the nightly build.
• Read “Make WordPress”.
Gaining Experience with WordPress
It’s time to start working on your own projects which are a most critical step .let’s start now
• Learn how to get your first client
• Develop a Public theme – Release it, paid or free
• Develop a Plugin
• Learn how to submit a patch
• Learn About Debugging in WordPress
• Join the WordPress community or participate in Forums
Hopefully, this article will help you become a top WordPress developer from scratch though it requires a continual improvement and willing to do the hard work with dedication and you can create a plenty of awesome websites for your clients that will run on the web.